Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Poem #37

Dear Families,

A good number of the songs we sing in class are by the singer-songwriter Dan Zanes - a native of New Hampshire!  He has crazy hair and a talent for lyrics.  On November 20th he performs at the Portsmouth Music Hall, in case you're interested. I've taken my sons to see his band several times before and it's always an uplifting, rollicking show and I always go home afterward and pick up my guitar.

Now, on to our poem:

Raina has begun work on a poem and she gave me permission to publish it in draft form .  I thought it would be interesting to post it now and then see how she revises it later. Here's what the poet has done so far...


     Untitled


   Bandits   come   in
   To   the   castle
   At   night   they
   Steal   our
   Diamonds   the
   King   chases
   The   knights   to
   Fight   back
   The   knights
   Win   the
   Battle   and   the
   King   is   sad


Thanks, Raina! We're looking forward to what you do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment